Saturday, July 07, 2007

Saturday and there' no let up! (I'm not complaining)

My day off on Thursday didn't finish until after ten if you know what I mean. I had to go down to Blue Water (John Lewis) in a near fruitless search for curtain material and blinds. After that I went to Lakeside to Habitat and Ikea. I think they liked me in Habitat because I went in and bought the shop (nearly). I like spending money but the way I'm spending it at the moment is making it difficult to sleep at night!

After that I went to Ikea - how civilised that they don't close until 10pm - it was quiet (for once). Have you ever, ever known a relaxing browse in Ikea - a relaxing browse - that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one. Well, it was relaxing apart from the fact that I was becoming more and more anxious about the time I'd been out and really should be getting back to my family. Anyway, I chose what I needed - two white table tops and four leg things (with shelves in to go under for the girls' desks), and two lovely white wall shelves for Alice's room. I get to the warehouse bit to make my choice. Did they have any of that in the warehouse? Did they buggery! What a waste of f**king time! (say in Catherine Tate old lady voice).

Anyway, got home and unloaded the Habitat shopping (the rest comes on a lorry next week!) into the new house. Kevin, my brother in law (that' s Richard Stilgoe to Pod) had been round with his chainsaw and trailer and applied the 'scorched earth' technique to the front garden! Oh dear. Remedial work is necessary to make it look less like the aftermath of a nuclear attack.

I have to go up to the house this morning (at 8.30) to let the plasterer in, the decorator in, and the floor man, who has now varnished all the floors and is finishing today. I will take my camera up.

Bye for now, more later!

9 Comments:

Blogger Antipodeesse said...

It all sounds bloody exhausting to me!

Am packing our bags for a week away in Brittany but trying to do it like your "relaxing browse", LOL!

10:19 AM  
Blogger lettuce said...

oh luce - don't be so busy that you don't get time to enjoy it being your house!

hope to see you soon

xxxxxxxx

10:19 AM  
Blogger pam in toronto said...

wow, your house is lovely...keep posting the photos...I'm so happy that you've finally got there. You're working so hard, we're a tad bit slower on our house renos...but we'll get there too!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Donna Flower said...

It all sounds very exciting. I am jealous of your visit to Bluewater, I do miss Bluewater :-(

7:46 AM  
Blogger Trac said...

Oh God - I hate Bluewater and Ikea...

Hang on - you said Lakeside didn't you? I hate that too!

You should have been drinking with me and Lettuce instead! :O(
x

12:57 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

hi looby lu, let me have your email soon as you know it.

hope your move all went well, yippee hurrah.

xxx

9:50 AM  
Blogger Pod said...

without fail, i always have an arguement in ikea, whoever i am with!

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is just SO wierd because I always end up having an argument in IKEA whoever I am with, and if I am on my own I end up arguing with the people who say "computer says noooo!" .
always always I hate the place hate hate hate HATE

oh thats better.. cathartic

5:44 PM  
Blogger Trac said...

hahaha!
Yes - hate hate hate HATE Ikea!

Couldn't agree more!
x

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home