Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Calm, Calm, Calm


Thought I'd post a picture of one my 'Morning Glories' today I'm not feeling very glorious today.
Things have taken a turn on the house front. The owners emailed us on Sunday to ask us if we would put all the utilities in our name after the tenants move out at the end of May to save THEM (the owners) of putting it all back into their name for just one month and so that they have electricity and gas etc for moving out at the end of June (for just the four days they would be in the house). We thought this sounded like a bad idea. Take on the utilities of someone else's house before you own it? We don't know these people and frankly, I think that's just laziness on their part. So,we politely refused.
A day later, another email came saying that they had wanted to be friendly but as we now weren't (WTF!), they no longer want us to work on the garden and would I not go to the house? And that they would be taking legal advice as to their next step!! I just can't believe the pettiness of some people, I really really can't.
---
On another note. Regular readers may remember the dog we had for a day back in the spring (there's a photo of him on Lettie's blog!). Well, the owner of this dog wanted to get rid of him back in spring because he was too much of an untrained puppy for her three young children. I said we'd like him (that's the Royal 'we'. Andy doesn't want a dog.) But we can't have a dog in our rented accommodation but she couldn't wait to get rid of him so he gave him to the police to be trained as a drug sniffer dog (he's a pointer). Yesterday, I got a phone call from my friend saying that 'Ziggy' (for that is his name) has failed to make the grade (due to the fact he likes to sniff food more than drugs) and they want to get rid of him immediately. My friend wasn't prepared to have him back so she phoned me. The dog handler police man phoned me and I phoned the landlord. The landlord said 'yes' and so did 'I'! I presented this to Andy as a 'fait accomplit'. Well, I know of old that if I'd discussed this with him it would have been a 'no' because 'we just can't take this on before a move' is what he'd say. I don't agree. We have a opportunity of a young and (now) very well trained dog that is past the puppy stage, is a pedigree and is free! Not an offer to be passed up on in my opinion. Better still, Andy's dad arrives today for three weeks (which isn't so good) but he will be able to settle the dog in while we are all out at work and school!
We might not have a house to move into and my marriage may be over but we've now got a dog! (Nearly)

9 Comments:

Blogger Akelamalu said...

The owners of the new house sound very strange to say the least!

I think you were totally mean to have this doggy!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Antipodeesse said...

Gosh, you are managing to stay calm in a very stressful situation... what's your secret?!

10:27 AM  
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

Oh Luce those people sound utterly dire! I hope you get it all sorted..if I were there I'd go and pee on their roses, but then again, they'll be your roses soon so that doesn't really work, does it?

But the doggy situation sounds fab! Lucky you.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Ooops, sorry I should have typed "meant to have this doggy" - sorry for the typo! I bet you thought I was 'mean'saying such a thing!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Hahahaha, that made me laugh, "I think you were totally mean to have this doggy!" here here akelamalu, dogs are a pain in the butt!! says the proud owner of a french bulldog who runs this house!!! Poor Andy :-( I know how he feels...

11:35 AM  
Blogger lettuce said...

hahaha, i wondered what akelamalu was on about too.
you're one of the least mean people i know luce.


Unlike your vendors.

Gits.

Oh luce. i'm so sorry, they are obviously awful people and you don't deserve all this grief.


Hows your houseguest?

who do you know in Borehamwood?

8:35 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

that is pathetic about the house. why are people like that? very silver spoonish. they are punishing you for not making their oh so difiicult lives easier for them. that kind of behaviour realy gets my goat. she can't stand it..wah wah waaah

gosh, won't it be a relief to get it all done?!

hurrah for the dog!! pictures please!

hope you feel triumphant and glorious again soon!

11:37 PM  
Blogger martin said...

You should have asked them for a cash deposit of £10.000 to cover any unforseen situations, that would have shut them up. Great about the doggie.
I am with Pod picture please.........

12:54 PM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

Oh Luce you are funny. Who needs a marriage anyway?

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home