Thursday, July 19, 2007

Upside down

Hello!

I only have access to this laptop and that's if I fight my way over boxes and piles of 'spong'. A word that has become commonplace in this house now. (Thanks Lettie)

It's amazing the amount of 'spong' one carries around. Bowls of 'crap' were emptied into boxes and now sit there in our new house with no proper home to go to. Should I just empty everything into the bin? Would I miss it all?

The camera is temporarily lost under 'stuff' so I can't take any photos of our chaos. I feel almost snowed under by the amount of stuff that needs sorting out, on top of going to work, sorting out the kids and walking the damn dog (who is ruining all my plants by walking along the back of the borders and knocking down stuff). Sigh. The only thing keeping me going right now is the thought that next week the school holidays start and that means I don't have to go to work for SIX WEEKS and ONE DAY! Oh joy.

I haven't even thought of our 'upcoming' holiday to Spain in two weeks. Last night in the wee small hours Andy nudged me awake and said 'When do we have to pay the balance on our holiday?' I do not appreciate being woken up to answer Andy's night fears! The other night he woke me up when I was really deeply asleep to say he couldn't find his mobile phone and could I ring it with my phone - I was in deep slumber and made me get up to find my own phone to ring his bloody phone! The poor guy is suffering from anxiety - I think it's only a matter of time before he drops with exhaustion. He spent all evening, and I mean all evening, in the shower cleaning off all the black gungy crap that the previous owners left us with. We didn't see him until after 10pm. He had a small sit down and then bed!

Anyway, our bedroom is nearly finished (tomorrow hopefully), Holly's room will get new carpet tomorrow so we can move her up into it. Alice's room is finished and she's in it surrounded by 'spong'. So we should be able to take our clothes out of boxes at the weekend.

Well, that's it. Day off today - back down to Ikea to find those elusive shelf thingies.

6 Comments:

Blogger lettuce said...

hello spongy lucy.

You need to stop using the inverted commas, you know, for it to become vernacular.

i have no useful advice on the keeping/binning of spong and crap. As you know, we are all hoarders in this house....
why not just stick it all in one of your umpteenth spare bedrooms (hehe) till you have time to think about it?

whats more important, of course, is to sort out your camera, computer connections, and garden train that dog!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Spong, Spong, Spong, Spong, Spong, Spong, Spong, Spong, Spongickle Spong, Spongickle Spong....

7:14 AM  
Blogger Trac said...

I was once bought a gold watch by a chap called Charles Spong! haha.

I returned it.

I just couldn't go out with someone called Mr Spong! What if I fell in love with him? Married him?

Trac Spong?

It would never do.

He was quite handsome and rich too!

x

11:59 AM  
Blogger Pod said...

ha ha..trac spong

thanks to letty, spong is now becoming commonplace in oz

rest up rambo!

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your posts makes me human in that I'm not the only person who wakes up or is woken up with worries. And the feelings that spring off you (or should I say 'spong' off you?) as you write. I can almost taste the amount of stuff you've got to sort out, without seeing pics. Yes, just see the holidays and that will see you through. Hope you are ok RW. Long time no seexxxx

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not wrong to Spong.

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home