Monday, November 28, 2005

day 8


Monday, hellish this morning. Couldn't get Al to go to school as A was off with sore throat! Some sore throat. Got back from work to find all beds and wardrobes dismantled! Why are we paying our removal people so much, when A is doing it all? There's nothing I can do except givehim a valium which I don't have. C phoned tonight, her being a nurse said she would get him a flu jab as our doctor has run out and has a four month waiting list! (Perhaps she can get some Prozac for him too?)

Quiet day at work today, spent my lunch hour buying cava and fancy nibbles for my leaving 'do' tomorrow - more of a leaving half hour. Julia is very kindly picking up the kids from school so I can stay on for a bit at work for them all to see me off. Might be emotional. I haven't told the girls (students) I am leaving as I think I might cry. Feel a bit bad not telling them some of them might feel let down, I might leave a note for Pauline to read out after I've gone.

We are all a bit frazzled in this house tonight. H lost it again, it's just getting too much for her. The sooner we are away and in our new house the better. Then we can move forward. This is going to be a difficult week.

Went to Blackheath village tonight as H had her last piano lesson. Gave Jason a bottle of champagne as a thank you. He's a great piano teacher and has been lovely to H. While waiting for H, I went to Sisters and Daughters (was going to put a link in but they don't appear to have a website) Bought B two wedding cards as couldn't decide which one to buy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Oh goodness, what a time you're having, but in amongst it all is that gorgeous guinea pig. Just think of the little purring pit,pit,pit noises he can make to cheer you up. I love guinea pigs and I love you.

I'm not looking forward to today when you go. I might just have to accidentally slip on a banana skin and kill myself at 3.15!!

I hope that S works it out.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

We really miss you! How is it going? Haven't heard from your blog in ages!

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home