Monday, January 09, 2006

Day...I don't know, I've completely lost count now


Hello Blog. It's Jan 9th and just to let you know that I am back to my old self. Lost myself for a bit but back to my old self now. I was worried for a bit that I'd become weird and reclusive but took myself in hand and averted a situation! So, in last two days have joined the tennis club (what's a few hundred pounds between friends, this is my social life I'm talking about), gone to see Matchpoint at the cinema alone, applied to do a PGCE, started a diet, thought about mending the puncture in my bike, got the girls signed up for swimming lessons starting tomorrow, got a yoga class sorted out, enquired about life drawing classes at local college, thought about starting flamenco lessons! Phew, all I need now are a few friends. I must say going to the cinema on my own wasn't a problem until I walked into the auditorium which was full of people who weren't on their own and I had to find a seat in a nearly packed cinema. I was expecting the place to be nearly empty but no it was practically full. I;m going to see Broke Back mountain tomorrow night on my own. I have to see this film and as there is no one to go with I go alone, wish me luck!

I have made contact with some people and in fact been invited to a private view at swanky art gallery in town next week! Canapes here we come...oh no, I'm on a diet.

It was having visitors from my old life that made me feel like me again. I realised I hadn't changed just by moving and my friends are still my friends.

ANyway, that's all for now. More anon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Molly Bloom said...

I know that I should be doing lots of work now but I am not I'm going to write to you. This might be a short one because I am covering M's classes at the moment as well as teaching my own. You know me, Lucy, I literally CAN be in two places at once!!

It has been so busy here after a lovely (if not manic) Christmas. I am really really tired already and there is no real juicy gossip except for me having a bit of a rant at the last English meeting - ooh, that didn't go down well and there was lot of lap-staring as Annoyed from Tunbridge Wells was throwing a wobbly!

M's op went really well, but she might be out for another two weeks after this! I hope that her throat repairs itself. She is fine though, you know M. I'm sure she'll be back before th doctor lets her!! P's mum is also ill and has been into hospital. I hope she will be ok and P has been off for some of this week and H has been off sick since the beginning of term so I've just been rattling around in a box!!

I've been doing lots of reading and writing though. It's been such fun. I really miss you though. Most weeks now, I just spend it in my room or talking to T or J. I'm worried that I'm slowly going insane. I'm not sure if I'm a teacher who writes in her spare time, or a writer who teaches in her spare time.

I do hope you are ok and I am jealous of you going to see dear Jake - oh goodness, she swoons. I wish you could have stayed a bit longer in my life. I might come up to Norwich soon, perhaps we could meet up???

Oh lovely Lucy, have a good time in Ipswich. I shall stay in touch, but this week is rather manic with the cover and the covering of my own lessons to cover others!!

Talk soon, Rosiexx

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home